It's more than just "The Talk". We are here to help!
See how other parents do it!
- Parents Explain [series of videos]
- Children, Teens and the Media: Things to think about
- The Talk from Tots to Teens: A parent’s guide for talking to your child about sexual health and well-being
- Books about Bodies, Relationships and Sexual Health for Children, Teens, Parents and Educators
- The Importance of Language in Early Childhood
- Teaching Consent and Boundaries in Early Childhood
- It’s Easier Than You Think: Talking to your children about sexual health and well-being
- Ted Talk: Julia Sweeney has “The Talk”
- Website: A Mighty Girl – Books, Toys and Movies for Smart, Courageous Girls
- Tips for Parents: Talking to your children about sex
- Communication Quiz for Parents of Teens
- Understanding Your Teen’s First Love
Understanding Your Own Values
- Thinking about your values regarding sexuality and your children
- Values Clarification Exercise
- Sex Education is Life Education
When your kids are learning from a hashtag: How to talk about consent in the #metoo era
- Video: Consent for Kids
- Healthy Touching
- Website: Boost Child and Youth Advocacy Centre – Prevention of Child Abuse and Violence
- Keeping Children Happy, Healthy and Safe Using Language, Boundaries and Consent
- Teaching Kids Body Privacy, Personal Agency, and Consent
Let's Talk Porn - Tips for talking about porn with your kids
Deconstructing Porn and Understanding Reality – this article helps you talk about reality vs. acting, gender roles in porn, unrealistic body image and much more!
Your kid came out to you - what's next?
- Discussing Gender: The Genderbread Person
- Discussing Gender: The Gender Unicorn
- WRDSB Policy on Trans Inclusion
- Being Safe, Being Me Report – results from trans youth all across Canada, support & needs
- Website: PFLAG – helping Canadians with issues of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression
- Website: OK2BME – Support for LGBTQ kids, teens, adults and families
- Website: Who Are You? The Kids Guide to Gender Identity.
Think your teen might be sexting? Here's what to do...
- Website: Media Smarts – Canada’s Centre for Digital and Media Literacy
- Amaze Video – Sexting
Sex Ed has been in the news. Want to know the facts? Here is Ontario's School Curriculum
- Information for parents on Ontario’s Curriculum
- Interim Curriculum – Re-Introduced in September 2018 (Combination of 1998 and 2010 Curricula)
- 2015 Ontario Ministry of Education’s Health & Physical Education Curriculum Grade 1 to 8
- 2015 Ontario Ministry of Education’s Health & Physical Education Curriculum Grade 9 to 12
- 2015 Human Development and Sexual Health Curriculum Word-for-Word Grades 1 to 8
- 2015 Human Development and Sexual Health Curriculum Word-for-Word Grades 9 to 12
- 2015 Summary: Human Development and Sexual Health Curriculum Grades 1 to 6
- 2015 Summary: Human Development and Sexual Health Curriculum Grades 7 and 8