Professional Development & Practicum Placements
At SHORE Centre, we aim to empower professionals and enthusiasts to excel in sexual health education! Our carefully curated courses and resources cover a wide range of topics, from comprehensive sex education to research, knowledge translation, and advocacy techniques.
Whether you’re a healthcare provider, educator, or simply passionate about creating a more informed and inclusive society, our professional development opportunities are your gateway to knowledge and expertise!
Who can benefit from these opportunities?
- Health care practitioners
- Social workers
- Youth workers
- Post-secondary students
- Graduate students
Sex Education Learning Resources
In our Professional Development programs, we offer:
- General Advice
- Consultation for specific cases (i.e., What to do if you get asked a question you do not know how to answer)
- Professional development courses and training
Sex Education Professional Development Training
Courses we offer for professional development include:
- Personalized Training Sessions based on the request
- Specific Training for Your Organization or Institution
- Some examples include: our Sex Educator Bootcamp Certification Program, Sexability (sexual health training for independent living centres), and workshops specifically for teachers (i.e., WROTL)
At SHORE Centre, we’re committed to making our professional development opportunities highly accessible. We understand that affordability is a key concern, which is why we offer a flexible sliding scale fee structure.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone who is passionate about advancing their career has the chance to do so without financial barriers. Your investment in professional growth shouldn’t be a burden, and with our sliding scale, you’ll find a pricing option that suits your budget!
Practicum Placement, Internship, and Academic Project Collaboration:
SHORE Centre is a highly trusted and respected sexual health organization in the KW area. We offer a unique opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience, mentorship, and a chance to contribute to crucial work in sexual health, education, and advocacy.
We provide practicum supervision both in our clinic team and education team. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge in a real-world setting, gaining valuable hands-on experience in sexual health education and reproductive justice advocacy. We are dedicated to making a supportive and educational environment where you can thrive, learn, and contribute to positive change.
Your practicum or internship with us will be a transformative journey, where you’ll work alongside experts, learn from real-world experiences, and ultimately make a genuine difference in the lives of individuals in your community!
Practicum/Field Placements with the Education team
Contact person: Education & Outreach Manager – Vivila Liu (email@example.com)
- University of Guelph: FRAN, Psychology
- Wilfrid Laurier University: Psychology, Community Psychology, Political Science, Social Work, UX & UI Design, MBA
- University of Toronto: Faculty of Information
- Conestoga College: Social Work
Contact Person: Clinic Counselling Lead – Brittney O’Hara
- Wilfrid Laurier University: BSW & MSW
- University of Waterloo: BSW & MSW, SMF
- York University: BSW
- University of Toronto: MSW
- University of Alberta: Masters of Public Health
- McMaster University: Midwifery
- Dalhousie University: Health Promotion
- Conestoga College: Social Service Work & Health Office Administration
- Nipissing University: Nursing
Medical Practicum/Field Placements with the Clinic team
Contact Person: Medical Director – Dr. Laura Pellow