SHORE Centre is Now Recruiting New Board Members
For almost 50 years, Sexual Health Options, Resources & Education (SHORE Centre), has been providing exceptional sexual and reproductive health services in Waterloo Region. We are a board of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who support inclusive and accessible care, education and advocacy. If you too are committed to reproductive rights, inclusive education and building a safe, supportive community then we are the board for you!
We are currently recruiting for several new board members to sit for a term of office that is three years in length and is renewable for a total of three terms. We are committed to working with board members to foster and develop desired leadership skills and look forward to working with board members to identify these areas collaboratively.
With this goal in mind, the SHORE Centre board of directors will be hosting a virtual SHORE Board Information Session to provide you with all you need to know and to answer your questions about becoming a board member.
When: Tuesday November 23 from 7:30 pm-9:00 pm.
Where: Virtually. Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend and an invitation/link will be emailed to you.
What We Are Looking For In A Board Member
- Passion for SHORE Centre’s mission, vision, and values
- Commitment to supporting anti-oppressive, anti-racist, accessible, 2SLGBGTQ+ positive practices and environments in community organizations, and awareness of class dynamics and power/privilege
- Excitement about overseeing the operations of a dynamic and growing organization
- Keen interest in community engagement and building strong community partnerships
- Desire to foster and exercise leadership skills